What's New in v12
There are over 100 new features, improvements and enhancements in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.
Even More Accurate
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. And when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
Faster Than Ever
- Faster Processors Yield Faster Performance: If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
- Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
Enhanced Web Mail
- Enhanced Experience with Gmail and Hotmail: Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 12 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
- Interactive Tutorial: Proposed at the end of profile creation and available any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon 12 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Wideband Bluetooth Support
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support: Dragon 12 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon 12 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started. (Available in Premium Edition and above).
Smart Format Rules
- Smart Format Rules: Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
More Natural Text-to-Speech
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12’s natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text—with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control—for easy proofing and multi-tasking. (Available in Home Edition and Above).
- Correction: When it comes to correcting a word or phrase, Dragon now includes more choices to make it quicker and easier to make a change.
Dragon Remote Mic – Now for Android
- Dragon Remote Microphone App for iOS and now Android: Dragon 12 lets you go wireless with an iOS or Android device and the free Dragon Remote Microphone App. Turn your compatible iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon over a WiFi network. And it’s easier than ever to get started – simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon 12 provides on-screen. (Available in Home Edition and above).
IGNITE PRODUCTIVITY WITH FAST, ACCURATE DICTATION
- Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box.
- Correcting or revising your dictated text is fast and simple, too. Natural-sounding Text-to-Speech reads editable text for easy proofing or multi-tasking. Dragon adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time.
- You can even personalize Dragon with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use.
- Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
IGNITE PROFICIENCY & EASE OF USE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
- Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes.
- The Dragon Help system contains a Tip of the Day window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you.
- The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location.
- And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
IGNITE FREEDOM AND COMFORT AT YOUR PC
- Say goodbye to repetitive stress injuries. Use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse.
- Open applications or folders, select menu items, click or move the mouse, press keys, switch from one window to another and more using simple voice commands.
- Use the free Dragon Remote Mic app and use your Apple® iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® touch (4th gen) or your Android device as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi for optimal convenience. Wideband Bluetooth support delivers outstanding wireless performance with no training required.
IGNITE CONVENIENCE USING YOUR FAVORITE WINDOWS OR WEB APPLICATIONS
- Use Dragon 12 Premium with virtually any Windows application.
- Dictate documents in Microsoft® Word, OpenOffice™ Writer, or Corel® WordPerfect®, work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel®, create presentation text in Microsoft PowerPoint®, manage email in Microsoft Outlook®, search the Web using Internet Explorer® or Mozilla® Firefox® or Google Chrome™, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more — all by voice.
- Dragon 12 Premium even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
IGNITE EFFICIENCY WITH VOICE-DRIVEN MULTITASKING
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts™ collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands you can use at any time, no matter which applications are currently active. For example, say: “Send email to John Smith and Raphael Sanchez” or “Search maps for financial advisors in Boston, Massachusetts” or “search Google for 87 divided by 12” and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say “open top site for Facebook” and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords.
- You can even use voice commands to create emails, schedule tasks and appointments, and search your computer faster than ever before.
IGNITE MOBILITY FOR PRODUCTIVITY ON THE GO
- A free Dragon Recorder app lets you record high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen).
- For more advanced recording functionality, dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder, and then have Dragon transcribe the audio files into text when you return to your PC.
- These mobile recording capabilities enable you to capture thoughts while they’re still fresh in your mind to produce detailed, high-quality reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes, and more.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor). NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required)
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- - Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-cancelling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders).
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
What are customers saying about Dragon?
“Dragon NaturallySpeaking has completely transformed the way I work. It has allowed me to be more productive, since I no longer have to turn dictation over to a secretary or try to type manually.” Allen L.
“I have doubled my productivity and found that I can more creatively write my reports by talking rather than typing. Dragon NaturallySpeaking has helped me grow my business well beyond my former limitations without adding any additional people or costs.” John B.
"I use Dragon to correct college student assignments. It allows me to quickly address corrections and recommendations to the writer in a comfortable and easy manner. The reaction from the students is that they seem to think I am talking to them instead of using very brief messages that are not very candid or in any detail. I can add enormous detail very easily. When correcting papers one tends to use very limited explanations to the writer, but with Dragon one can easily explain complex ideas and elaborate issues very easily." Jerry K.
“I am constantly looking for ways to work smarter. I love using voice recognition software and it works, even with my southern accent.” Jacquelyn R.
“In my line of work, I have to give the same responses many times throughout the day and by simply adding commands, I can say one word and Dragon will automatically type that whole paragraph for that command for me. I can just turn on the computer, start the Dragon software and I am ready to talk my computer into doing almost anything.” Dwayne S.
“Dragon has been able to accurately learn new and complex words and phrases easily. Without Dragon I would not be able to continue my career." Howard B
Read more customer reviews.