Nuance eCopy ShareScan Drives Business Efficiencies with Enhanced Capture Workflows
Industry’s Premier MFP Scanning Solution Extends Capture Capabilities beyond MFPs and Scanners to Include Electronic Workflows and Capture/Processing of Documents, Files and Images
BURLINGTON, Mass., – February 10, 2014 – Nuance Communications, Inc., a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today announced eCopy ShareScan 5.2, which enables organizations of all sizes to save time and improve productivity in document workflows through consistent processes across a variety of capture devices, including mobile. The new version enables businesses to easily capture content through a scanner, tablet, smartphone or A4 capture device. These images, as well as any existing electronic documents are quickly and easily converted, recognized and integrated into an organization’s workflows and business applications for immediate accessibility within the business.
Among the new features of eCopy ShareScan is the eMail and Folder Watching Service, which extends workflow support to include tablets, smartphones, and A4 desktop capture devices working within the firewall and remotely. This capability delivers new and extended workflows driving additional customer value, such as:
- Increased Productivity & Asset Utilization – Organizations often have different brand scanners, MFPs and all-in-one devices within their offices, but are unable to fully utilize their benefits and capabilities. With the new Watching Service, these devices can be leveraged by simply scanning from any device into a “watched” email address or network folder. In addition to increasing worker productivity, this feature enables organizations to maximize the utilization of each device.
- Increased Efficiency with Automatic File Conversion – Users often receive a scanned document as a PDF or TIFF file, such as an in-bound fax, but need to convert the document to Microsoft Word or Excel to easily edit or update the document as a new version. With eCopy ShareScan, users simply email the PDF or TIFF to a designated email address monitored by eCopy’s Watching Service, then receive an email returned moments later from eCopy, processed with the software’s powerful OCR capabilities, as a fully formatted Word or Excel document.
- Enhanced Support for Mobile Workers – With any smartphone or tablet, users can easily email attachments or use the syncing capabilities of their cloud service to deliver documents or photos into an eCopy workflow using the Watching Service. This is a powerful tool for incorporating content from remote workers, partners, customers or satellite offices directly into business processes or repositories.
- Improved Accessibility to Content – Utilizing new bulk document conversion, volumes of paper and electronic content can quickly be migrated, converted and accessed in searchable, digital, archival formats for improved discovery and access to information.
Once a document is in an eCopy ShareScan workflow, eCopy Connectors & Extenders provide fast and accurate document processing, recognition & delivery into line of business systems such as Content Management Systems, ERP, CRM, DM, collaboration, email, fax and Archival systems enhancing the effectiveness and adoption of business processes. With the market’s largest library of Connectors and extensible interfaces, including an SDK, customers can integrate capture workflows with leading business applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, EMC Documentum, Salesforce.com and OpenText, and solutions customized for their business like Oracle, IBM or home grown solutions. The processing power of the eCopy Extenders allows documents to be automatically processed, making complex tasks simple and immediate.
“eCopy ShareScan accelerates document capture workflows by going beyond MFP capture and applying ShareScan workflows to any electronic documents, files and images,” said Angele Boyd, IDC GVP/GM, Document Solutions/Printing/Imaging & SMB Research Practices. “By integrating these documents with eCopy Extenders and Connectors, organizations can save significant document processing time, and eliminate manual steps, by automatically processing and routing transactional documents.”
Nuance’s eCopy ShareScan capture and workflow solutions provide an exceptionally simple, yet capability-rich user experience enabling organizations to:
- Capture information trapped in paper with the world’s market-leading OCR engine – making it as accessible as data
- Process documents with near perfect precision – boosting the productivity of office workers
- Connect directly to business applications – empowering knowledge workers to do more, more efficiently
- Automate paper-intensive and electronic document workflows – accelerating business processes
“With eCopy ShareScan 5.2, Nuance continues to demonstrate our commitment to enabling organizations to enabling more intuitive, powerful and meaningful interactions between people and the technology they use for creating and managing documents,” said Michael Rich, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance Document Imaging. "Whether deployed as a departmental solution or as the capture platform across a global enterprise, eCopy ShareScan 5.2 expands how users can apply capture workflows to get their jobs done easily, quickly and accurately – all in compliance with records management and information security policies.”
eCopy ShareScan 5.2 licensing gives organizations the flexibility to scale according to need and achieve the highest return on investment whether the software is used for common workflows like scan to email and file conversion, or more complex document processing.
eCopy ShareScan is available through Nuance’s global channel of MFP vendors, partners and dealers. For additional information on eCopy ShareScan, please visit http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-product/ecopy/index.htm or call +1-800-443-7077.
Nuance has global channel partnerships with most MFP and scanning vendors, including Brother, Canon/Océ, Fuji Xerox, HP, Kodak, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Ricoh/IKON, Visioneer and Xerox – each of which currently sells or bundles Nuance solutions through dealers or as part of Managed Print Services (MPS) portfolios.
About Nuance Communications, Inc
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Nuance, the Nuance logo and eCopy ShareScan are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names referenced herein may be the property of their respective owners.