Nuance Announces Enhanced NDEV Mobile Developer Program
Now with Improved Service Models, Speech Customization, and Expanded Cross-Platform Support
BURLINGTON, Mass. – May 1, 2014 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUAN) today announced that it has expanded its NDEV Mobile developer program to feature new pricing and service models, new and enhanced voice capabilities, and greater support for more platforms.
Since its inception in 2011, Nuance's NDEV Mobile developer program has empowered developers to voice-enable their applications, allowing for more natural, intuitive, and interactive app experiences. NDEV Mobile supports more than 20,000 developers, and powers successful applications, including OnStar, Kraft, Ask.com, and others. Now, NDEV Mobile is expanding to make it even easier for developers to incorporate the power of voice into a broader variety of applications for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
Key enhancements to NDEV Mobile include:
- Greater Transaction Thresholds. NDEV Mobile now offers up to one million voice transactions each month for Silver-level developers -- an increase of 400,000 transactions per month -- and has eliminated per-device transaction limits. These upgrades allow NDEV Mobile to support a wider variety of application categories, from music and navigation to messaging, gaming, and fitness.
- Custom Vocabularies. Silver and Gold-level developers can add custom words to create their own customizable vocabularies, or dictionaries, enhancing the recognition of atypical or branded terms.
- Television Language Support. NDEV Mobile is expanding access to speech recognition capabilities optimized for television use cases to all NDEV Mobile developers across more languages. NDEV Mobile TV speech recognition support now includes coverage for US English, UK English, Australian English, US Spanish, European Spanish, French, German, and Italian.
- Windows Phone 8 Support. To meet growing developer demand, NDEV Mobile now supports the Dragon Mobile SDK on Windows Phone 8.
Additionally, NDEV Mobile is offering beta access to new voice features:
- Grammar Recognition Mode. Expanding on the capabilities of Custom Vocabularies, Grammar Recognition Mode allows developers to restrict recognition to a chosen vocabulary, thereby enhancing support for targeted use cases such as application control, Q&A, and more.
- Results Mapping. Developers now have more flexibility to specify their voice recognition output, supporting words, phrases, and terms with unique spellings.
"Offering greater access to an expanded range of voice capabilities will create new possibilities for developers hoping to take their apps to the next level of intuitive and naturalized interaction," said Michael Thompson, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance, Mobile and Consumer Division. "By broadening our platform support, developers can reach their audiences on their own terms and in their own language."
The Dragon Mobile SDK is available for iOS 4 and higher, Android 2.3 and higher, Windows Phone 7 and 8, and via an HTTP web services interface.
NDEV Mobile is part of Nuance's Cloud Services portfolio of voice innovations that continues to define a new generation of intelligent systems and personal assistant technologies. With Nuance technology, people experience more humanized interactions with the world's best phones, tablets, computers, wearables, cars, TVs, apps and services from leading manufacturers and operators.
Do you have an app that you would like to power with the Dragon Mobile SDK? To learn more, visit our NDEV Mobile developer program page. Also, be sure to join the conversation on Twitter: @NuanceMobile and @NuanceInc.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Nuance, Dragon, and the Dragon logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States of America and/or other countries. All other company names or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.