Data Integrity Takes Center Stage at AHIMA as Nuance Delivers Best Practices for Clinical Documentation, Coding, and Quality Metrics
With Petabytes of Health Information Flooding EHRs, Information Governance and Data Management Solutions are Critical to Meeting Core Quality Measures
BURLINGTON, Mass., September 22, 2014 – Nuance Communications, Inc. announced today it will host a number of activities at the 86th American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Convention to share industry best practices, peer recommendations, and technology solutions for healthcare organizations trying to best manage the integrity of health information across the continuum of care.
Join Nuance at the AHIMA 2014 conference from September 27 until October 2 in San Diego to learn strategies to overcome the biggest industry challenges today, including information governance, ICD-10 readiness, compliance, and clinical documentation improvement.
- General session, Triumph Award Ceremony, Monday, September 29, 8:15-10:15 a.m.
- Nuance's Bonnie S. Cassidy will receive AHIMA's 2014 Distinguished Member Award in honor of her leadership and many contributions to the health information management industry.
- Thought-leadership breakfast panel, September 29, 7:00-8:00 a.m.: "How to Safeguard Clinical Documentation Integrity: Information Governance and Data Analytics" featuring:
- Deborah K. Green, RHIA, MBA, EVP/Operations & COO of AHIMA
- Juana R. Colon RHIA, Corporate Director, Health Information Management, Orlando Health
- Dr. Richard Garcia, MD, MPP, MHA, Medical Director, Emergency Department, Beverly Hospital
- AHIMA presentations from Nuance experts:
- "The role Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) play in HIM organizations," Tony Oliva, MD, national medical director, and Melinda Tully, MSN, CCDS, CDIP, vice president, clinical services and education; September 28, 2:00-5:00 p.m., Room 1B
- "HIM Stewardship's Role in Driving Optimal Quality Measure-Dependent Reimbursement," Bonnie Cassidy, MPA, RHIA, FHIMA, FHIMSS, senior director of HIM innovation, and Catherine Gorman-Klug, RN, MSN, CPM, director of quality solutions; September 29, 3:15- 4:15 p.m., Exhibit Hall A
- Panel: "HIM without Walls: Building Expertise for the Future," Bonnie Cassidy, senior director of HIM innovation; September 30, 1:00-2:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall A
- "A Game of Documentation: Winter is Coming, Surviving ICD-10," Nick van Terheyden, MD, CMIO; September 30, 1:00-2:00 p.m., Room 6B
- An interactive journey experience in Nuance booth #1105 that captures the different challenges facing HIM professionals and physicians, providing best practices and peer insights on how to overcome them.
Additionally, theater sessions featuring Nuance clients that overcame clinical documentation and data integrity challenges will be available in Nuance booth #1105. To learn more about improving data integrity, or to find out more about Nuance’s end-to-end clinical documentation solutions, visit: www.nuance.com/for-healthcare/ahima-registration.
Connect with Nuance on social media through the healthcare blog, What's next, as well as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.